We are happy to announce that the first completely new subpage, the Overview page, is published :)
For now it's a BETA version, probably we will find some bugs that need to be fixed, but it's ready and can be used by managers.
You can find it here: https://sokker.org/app/overview
Link to the Overview page will soon appear on the left side menu. After all bugs are fixed and language translations made we will set Overview page as the new default page after login.
It's a really BIG STEP forward for the development team. Crucial things are:
1. It's the first page of the new Sokker design (developed from the scratch);
2. During development we prepared design styles and code frame that will allow us to work much faster on other subpages;
3. New page is also better suited for beginners, and notifications (guidelines) presented in overview will help to make any key decision-making easier;
4. New design is much better suited for mobile devices than the old site was.
There are two important widgets that are missing (presented in previous DD regarding the Overview), which will be developed soon:
1. Transfers overview;
2. Weekly timeline.
Feature No. 1
We have finally introduced new player portraits. There are still few small things to be fixed with them, but overall we are pleased with the final effect.
We will keep improving it:
1. Link hair color with beard (with small chance of different colors);
2. Link match kits with current club colors (and hopefully in the future with kits design, as stripes, etc.);
3. Too high chance for beard (most players have it now);
4. Lack of bald players.
We will also constantly expand portrait data base with new illustrations.
Feature No. 2
Transfer auto-refreshing - last few days we tested auto-refreshing on player bidding with few chosen clubs - seems that the feature worked well and we will introduce it this week for all of you. Mechanism is simple, when bidding is close to the end (2 minutes) bidding window will refresh automatically every 4 seconds, with no need to refresh the page.
Overview page - we found few bugs during our tests, but it seems that new page will be introduced this week as beta version.
Short update this weekend!
We are pleased to share with you another page that is almost ready for development: the new Finance tab.
It was presented few weeks ago as a UX project. Since then the project was finished by our graphic designer.
Please check the new Finances tab here:
At the same time we are getting ready to publish the Overview page (yes, we know it's taking much more time than we announced). But the good news is that the Overview page is finally introduced for testing at the test server, so we are really close to introduce it in the game (hopefully, next week).
The Overview tab development is almost finished, so very soon you can expect its deployment. A little reminder how it looks:
Now we're starting our works on further subpages, which will be changed, and these are connected with training.
This is a priority because of few reasons:
1. As soon as possible we'd like to ensure in SK professional reports, because we believe that monitoring progress of players should be simple from the game level, without necessity to use any external programs.
2. Good training reports are also a basis to implement a new training system - this will help to control progress of players in prepared system.
We're working to prepare few tabs, you can see the details below:
1. Training reports tab (all reports)
2. View for particular - selected report
3. List of detailed training progress of all team
4. History of progress for a selected player
5. View of the graph for training of a selected player
Few important announcements with the start of April.
We have finally fixed bugs reported for the 3D viewer, now you can use the new version, which seems to work much better. However, some bugs still may occur; please report them on Bugs forum.
List of main improvements:
1. Proper substitutions' names;
2. Stadium displays correctly (there were some parts missing sometimes);
3. Weather conditions fixed (in most of the games there were visuals of water on the pitch);
4. Roof on the camera side is hidden;
5. Goalkeeper shirts uploaded (no longer are the same as field players);
6. lots of other small features.
Another part of our work that is close to the end is portraits generator. We uploaded all the illustrations and we can create portraits, you can check out the generator here (refresh the site to display another portrait): https://sokker-postacie.codee.dev/
Hopefully we will introduce new portraits to the game next week, two at max.
Unfortunately, our work on the Overview page is delayed - due to covid our work wasn't as fast as we expected. But the Overview page is already at a quite advanced stage Our new deadline is the middle of the month, at the latest the 3rd week. We hope that the community will understand it, we are trying to do our best to deliver all changes as soon as it's possible.
Happy Easter to everyone and take care!
Together with current development process we are preparing new proposals for next few pages and innovations. New finance tab project is almost done, so you can check our proposal using the link below. New tab will be much more detailed and will allow you to check your club finances from few different perspectives. What's important, today you can check out the finance overview page. That will be the main page for finance checking, but as you can see at the top of page there will be also an option to check more detailed tabs, like dedicated reports for costs or incomes. That will allow you to compare wages of players and coaches, track your tickets incomes divided by type of game, etc.
In the presented project you can find a few new features, like:
1. Club finances are separated into operational part and dedicated part for transfers;
2. Reports in different time periods, starting from weekly, ending with whole season overview or even last season results;
3. You will be able to compare seasons;
4. Seasonal predictions based on your current costs and average incomes per week;
5. Trend chart to summarize season week by week;
6. Dedicated summary for youth school.
It's just a few improvements, we hope you will enjoy the presented idea. Some of new features will only be available to plus users (we still haven’t decided which ones).
Dev. Diary 47: Automatic registration
We are right about to start working on automatic registration in Sokker. Currently this is a manual process, and because of that users often have to wait even few days for the confirmation of the team and the unlocking all options. It's highly complicated compared to other online games, where in most cases creating an account enables immediate start of the game. We'd like a similar process on Sokker. There will be an automat registering the teams, which will be assigned immediately during creating an account, if there are no contraindications (e.g. connected with duplicated IP number). Development will last few weeks. Planned end of works will take place about April/May.
Another good info, and another news piece that is not much for reading, but rather for watching. We're working on notifications on the overview screen, which will be displayed to users after logging. Below you can see visualization of basic notifications regarding "necessary" things to do in the club:
Today, news with not many words, but full of, not only visualizations, but realistic (developed) screens. The matches will soon be available with really advanced settings. By clicking the following link you can see the options, which will be available while watching a match:
Most important changes:
- pre-match intro (summary of team forms, current table, team stars),
- match settings panel (options for match, camera, speed, replays),
- summary of match data and match facts/statistics,
- timeline with possibility to skip to the match event of choice.
Below you can find the list of minor and major fixes which have been done:
1. Light skin - white background changed for a little darker one, so it would be more pleasant to look at;
2. Font change - bigger font size was set as default, which made the forum and other elements more readable. In few places it breaks the layout (e.g. choosing the position of a player in match settings view), but it's the first thing to fix;
3. League tables - the colour scheme was changed (especially the contrast for the dark skin);
4. The colour of pops - pops of player skills are distinguished with light green colour in the dark skin (again, a matter of contrast);
5. Mobile - trimming of elements was fixed - it's possible to scroll left and right (e.g. tables);
6. Left menu - it was embedded permanently (it's no longer necessary to scroll down whole page content to see the clock, for example).