Short note today - last week we were finishing new tactic editor, and it's finally done. Currently, new editor (without flash), is uploaded and linked on test server. We can start tests (all admins are involved), as there are still bugs that need to be tracked down before we upload the editor to sokker.org. Anyway, it's one of the most complicated flash elements, so we perceive that step as one of the most important in current stage of the project.
Flash is still our key focus right now, but next week we will also share with you few more graphics from the new interface!
This week please discover more graphics and work in progress screenshots from our current main challenge - new match viewer. We are working simultaneously with few elements, like stadium visualization, player animations, or field textures. As we are getting closer to the final results, we will, from time to time, reduce the length of our Developer Diaries, and instead of text, present more screens or graphics.
New 3D / 2D viewer:
Old viewer conversion:
We are also working on translation of old viewer (2D) from Flash to HTML. Here we are also moving forward, and this week we can share a set of animations with you, prepared in HTML - as you see, we have all player animations almost ready, and we can move into final part - configuration between graphics/animations and match engine data.
Today we would like to share with you a work update on the new 2D/3D visualization. As we have described in previous episodes of Dev. Diaries, the new visualization is meant to be the main way of watching matches and it has been designed to support both 2D and 3D view modes simultaneously. You will be able to clearly see it in the preview graphics presented today.
Currently, work is underway to optimize the way the match is displaying in the new visualization (to make it efficient even on weaker computers), as well as work related to the animation quality of players and their play.
At the same time, we are developing the entire graphic design of the visualization and we can present these elements to you today.
Check out the link below and use the arrows to see all 7 views we have prepared:
The views are displayed in the following order:
1. Match loading screen - the view that is displayed at the very beginning of the match loading. You can see the video advertising option here - this element will only apply to players without a PLUS subscription - but it can be omitted using tokens - i.e. additional in-game purchase.
2. Then there is a series of views of the match intro that are displayed as the players run onto the pitch (that is, before the match starts). Here we have one by one - a presentation of the kits of both teams, a potential advertiser, the line-up of both teams and the tactics.
3. In the fifth view you can see how the match is displayed - at the bottom you can additionally see a time bar, which allows you to scroll to selected situations. These situations are also marked on the bar with the colours of the teams and icons.
4. The last two screens are the menu view with view options and camera modes. These are two propositions for this view, the content is exactly the same, the only difference is the shape of the drop-down menu.
We hope you like the new proposals.
This week we would like to share only a short note about our current work progress with you. We are extremely involved in the most important part of Flash replacement, and it's our main focus now. The most difficult part of this job is to implement tactic editor and match viewer. Our Flash replacement deadline with end of the year is still safe, but because of the news that Flash starts to be blocked on some browsers or devices even before the end of the year, we feel responsible to give this task priority. So we ask for some patience – we believe that in the next Developers Diary we will share some good news about this part of our job.
Some time ago, we presented you with the overview tab. It's a completely new tab that is supposed to collect all the key information related to running your club and to be a kind of team control panel. You will find it immediately after logging in to your account. Ultimately, the page will probably be configurable for your own preferences (you will be able to choose which elements you want to have at hand, and which ones to hide or move down the list). However, in the first approach, it will have the same appearance that it had in one of the previous Dev. Diaries:
This week we would like to ask for your help in developing this page. We are especially interested in the first section that you can see on the website - notifications. Its goal is to create a place that will remind you of the key actions that you should take. The game will remind you of them, along with a link pointing to the right place.
Below are some examples of notifications:
1. The need to choose the line-up for the next match;
2. Training setting;
3. Hire of a coach;
4. Planning a friendly match;
5. Signing the contract with the selected coach;
6. Contracting a player from an auction.
These are only preliminary suggestions, and this is where our request for help comes in. We would like you to propose us some other possible notifications to make the game easier for you. Please comment on the Sokker Development forum.